Wednesday, August 8, 2012




There is something I love about this picture and I can't quite put my finger on it.  It has a kind of timeless quality to it.  I like how it appears I only have a stump for an arm.  Very Venus de Milo. 

I make fun of my Dad a lot, but he really truly is a great guy and a great dad.  He gave my dog a haircut last night and was nice enough to saddle up his mare, Molly for me to ride.  At first I resisted, since it was sunny and I was without sunscreen.  Then I decided we'd just get to the shady spots as fast as we could.  Molly is a great horse.  Though it kills me to admit it, she is a better horse than any I have.  Just a nice steady no frills horse that goes where you ask and does as she's told.  I so wish I had a horse that was this well broke. 

We rode down to what is locally known as Dead Man's.  A creek, some trails, nice trees.  Not a large area at all, but the trails criss and cross and go up and down and it is just lovely.  Molly and I took a couple laps, went out for a trot, went and made a couple more laps, and then cantered back to the farm.  I haven't cantered in years.  I can't remember the last time I did it.  I am normally happiest at a walk or trot.  I had forgotten the smoothness, the nice rhythm of a canter.  It felt great.  It really is the small joys of life that make it worth it.  Now if I can just figure out a way to talk him out of that horse....

No comments:

Post a Comment