Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I love that this is a normal sight now....

I remember being on vacation in Northern Minnesota with my family as a very young child.  While on the lake, we saw a beautiful bald eagle soaring above.  Dad told my brother and I, "remember this kids, it may be the only one you'll ever see."  At the time, this was a true statement.  They really were that rare and it was quite a sight to see one.  I love that now I see them all the time.  Its not rare, its hardly even noteworthy to be honest.  Quite a success story for the eagles.  I drive over the west fork of the Des Moines River everyday on my way to and from work, and certain times of the year you can just about count on seeing at least one of them daily. 

Who ever would have thought that the wide eyed little girl in the boat with her dad would one day own an acreage and have a bald eagle that hangs out there on a regular basis.  Certainly not me!  I took this picture last year, while this guy was perched a top my tallest evergreen tree.  Pretty awesome indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment